Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Exploring the Unknown

As I type this, I'm doing something I've never done before: visiting the Fox News website.

My first impression is this:

The header for the top story on the main page, it reminds me of nothing so much as those pictures in psychology books showing examples of different human emotions. (How fantastic is that picture of John McCain? Also, were I one of those suspicious people who liked to shrilly point out all possible instances of horrible bias in media outlets that are reputed not to agree with me, I'd mention how by far the least flattering picture is of the candidate who currently poses the biggest threat to a Republican presidency next term. Luckily, I'm not one of those people, so I won't.)

Also, whenever I see or hear the Fox News slogan (We report. You decide.) I honestly can't help but remember Jon Stewart on The Daily Show all the way back in November 2000, remarking on the way that channel had called the election for Bush waaaaaaaaay before it was call-able: "We report. You can suck it."

But that's not what you're wondering. You want to know, don't you, why I'm at the Fox News website in the first place. Well, it's because of stream 7. A couple days ago, Google News told me that Fox News would be broadcasting its Texas primary coverage from the campus of Texas A&M. (It almost makes too much sense, doesn't it? Democratic debate at t.u., Republican-leaning coverage from A&M.) I'm not entirely sure how much they're really going to be broadcasting from there, but I'm at least going to check it out.

I am such a sucker for anything related to my Aggieland.

No comments: