Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Look, now Neal is going to blog here too! Make sure to be very welcoming, everyone.

In other now-I'm-a-married-lady news, I also have to change how I refer to my Neal. He can't be the gentleman caller anymore; since we live together, it's technically impossible for him to call on me. I've been kicking some ideas around in my mind, but feel free to add your own suggestions.

--He Who Used to be The Gentleman Caller
but that's kind of Voldemort-y. And also kind of Prince-y. (I think we all know which of those comparisons is less flattering.)

--The 'Sband
short for husband. I like this one because it reminds me of how Strong Bad pronounces "sbemail."

--the other half
or possibly "the better half." I think I would abbreviate either one, though: O.H. or B.H.

--I wish I could do what the ladies in the romance novels I like do after they get married, but unfortunately it's lame. According to Patricia Veryan, apparently 18th century ladies called their husbands by their last name, so I would go with "Davidson." But it's just so . . . gym coachy.

--my baby
This works in songs from the sixties, but I don't know if it would work in this medium. Also, someday we're going to have a baby, and then I'd have to call him something else and we'd have to go through this whole rigmarole again. And who wants that?

OK, so I don't have that many ideas. Don't worry, I'll keep working on it.

(P.S. There's another new post below this one. Read that too!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you can always go with DH, which can have quite the range of meanings, depending on context, but that's rather prosaic. He could be just your Gentleman, or perhaps your Beau? If you ever moved to LA, then he'd have to be your Beaux, haha. Good luck coming up with something! =)

Anonymous said...

How about: Neal and Rachel -
Big Guy and She Who Must Be Obeyed
or
Vol and Ag
or
Real Deal Neal and Rachel Banachel

MacKenzie said...

I'm excited about these changes...and blogging with a buddy is so great for a number of reasons.

It is less stressful since there is someone to pick up the slack.

You can bounce ideas of each other.

If you are at all competitive, it will probably force you to write more since you don't want to let the other person win by writing more. (Once Craig wrote three times before I wrote again and it was all I could do not to erase one of them).

Looking forward to hearing all about your new adventures together.

Craig said...

I would call him your "spousal unit." I look forward to his posts.