Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wedding-O-Rama: One Month to Go!

It's June 19th! Which is exactly one month away from July 19th! Here's how things stand:

Cake: paid in full!

Menu: not finalized. It's hard to tell how many dozen chicken kabobs one needs for such an event.

Dress: altered! (And pretty. Naturally.) I got a petite dress, which is three inches shorter to begin with, but they needed to take it up another inch anyway.

Invitations: mailed and coming back to me steadily. Man, receiving respons cards is fun. They're so tiny; they're like fun-size mail. Today was the first day since Saturday before last that I didn't get at least one in the mail. (I was a little sad that the streak was broken.)

All bridesmaids have dresses; way to go bridesmaids!

Photographer, florist, DJ: booked, given at least their deposit money.

Here's a question: do you think we should do that disposable-cameras-on-the-tables thing?

7 comments:

Craig said...

Put me down for three kebabs.

Also, no on the disposable camera thing. They will all end up half-used, and people will take lame pics. Just steal our photos off of Facebook.

Anonymous said...

I vote "no" on the disposable camera thing. We did it, and mostly people just walked off with the cameras and we never saw them again. The ones that were left were mostly used by kids, so the pictures, while cute, weren't of anything really.

Rachel said...

Well, I'm convinced. Plus, that's one less thing to worry about! (I have plenty of those already.)

Hannah said...

Yep - What you should do is take Craig's suggestion to the next level and actually ASK your friends with Digi-cams to take pictures and get you the files. It worked pretty well for us, let me tell you!

Anonymous said...

You may be interested in this company called CameraRenter: www.CameraRenter.com. Instead of using disposable cameras [and all the waste that goes along with them] or requiring your guests to upload their pictures [which they won’t do], they rent digital cameras [fully insured] and create a free picture sharing website for you.

Rachel said...

Thanks but no thanks, spam.

MacKenzie said...

I am totally going to take lots and lotss of pictures and upload them to facebook and email them to you as well as put them up on my blog for tens of people you don't know to see (unless you ask me not to of course)