Saturday, March 20, 2010

RIP, One Shining Bracket

Well, KU played terribly today and deserved to lose, but since they were my projected national champions, they took my bracket with them. There are two vague silver linings (for me personally, not for, like, the guys who actually play for KU--sorry, dudes): first, a whole lot of people also picked KU, so at least we're all in our unfortunate predictions together; second, there's a sort of freedom in not needing to worry about how my bracket is doing. I can now root for whatever the opposite of chalk (see def. 6) is qualm-free.

I can do this because A&M is an underdog from here on out; Tennessee will be except in the unlikely event that Georgia Tech beats the Ohio State University; I know I should root for Wisconsin over Cornell, but I just love me a scrappy 12 seed. Also, in a development that chapped my hide, Baylor ended up with a congenial route to the Elite Eight. I wanted them to lose to underdog Old Dominion today, and hope very much they'll lose to giant-killer St. Mary's next weekend. I really hate Baylor as far as men's basketball is concerned. I hate their coach, I hate their dirty fouling, and I hate their fans. (That's why I still enjoy this so much. Oh, and this one too. It was a clean screen!)

Oh, here's an upside to KU being upset by Northern Iowa specifically: more of this guy!


Mutton Chooooooopppppppppppps!

I feel like I should have more to mention, but I can't think of anything that would top mutton chops.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, I love those clips!

Also, have you heard the Billy G to U of H rumors? My mom said it was all over the Houston news last night. I laughed, a lot.