Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Fascinating Tale from my Daily Adventures

I impulse-bought a ruler today!

I was in this odd little shop in the student union (it's like, 30 square feet of t-shirts, candy, and tampons by the each [which I find suspicious, as I doubt those are "labeled for individual sale"]) to buy a pen--I'd left all my black pens at home and it was no good trying to compose biting analysis on works about SirFrancis Bacon in light blue ink--when I saw rulers in amongst the school supplies.

I've been without a ruler for nigh on a year now. I accidentally destroyed my faithful neon orange ruler, which I had had since fifth grade (explaining why it was neon orange; fourth and fifth grades were my neon colors phase) sometime last spring/summer. It was a devastating loss, as I am sure you can imagine.

So now I have a brand-new non-neon-orange ruler. And also some pens which, despite being clickytop in design, do not make a real clicking noise. I find this disconcerting, although I admit that it may stop me from inadvertently annoying the people around me. I can't help it; I get fidgety when I'm writing in the library.

(Clicka-clicka-clicka. Pause. Clicka. Pause. Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.)

Also, I totally saw a guy who looked like Mike Sherman on the Terrace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally saw Yaphet Koto in the Montgomery Ward's in Aurora, CO