Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things to Do in Wisconsin: Chazen Museum

A few weekends ago, Neal and I checked off one of the items on this list: the Chazen Museum of Art.

And we saw art.

It's not a very big museum, but they have a nice variety of cool stuff. There was a room of Buddhist and Hindu sculpture, displays of European medals and coins, some modern American paintings (and furniture), a big Byzantine thing, and lots of Renaissance paintings. Also, there a was a carved wooden Jesus on a wooden donkey.


(I only had my camera phone with me. Sorry I didn't fit the donkey into the shot.)

One of the special exhibits was "Writing with Thread: Traditional Textiles of Southwest Chinese Minorities" which was much cooler than it sounds. For some reason, they don't have many pictures of it on their website, so I tracked some down to post here:

So cool.

No comments: