Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Greatest. Holiday. EVER.

Today on Cracked, they ran the winners of their weekly reader-submitted Photoshop contest. (FYI, if you follow the link, be prepared for jokes about gender-specific body parts and exhaustive use of words children like to look up in dictionaries to see if they're really there.)

This week's topic: holidays they need to invent. And the overall winner's idea is awesome.


Cracked photoshopper "Syphon", you have changed my life. I need to make this happen. But how? Get a group of friends together to watch the new Star Trek movie then go out for a beer? Stock up on original Star Trek DVDs and Spotted Cow and make a day of it?

Any ideas?

7 comments:

Chestertonian Rambler said...

I only wish I could join in.

I have idea though! Make a drinking game of Star Trek: The Motion Picture! It's the only way to actually watch the whole thing!

Robert said...

Noted: The Star Trek party I have planned for this weekend has now become Spocktoberfest.

Book it.

Done.

Rachel said...

YES! Excellent! We need to make this a thing! See, CR, it doesn't matter that you can't join in on whatever hypothetical thing I might do; you should create your own Spocktoberfest! Everyone should!

I am so excited, you guys.

Chestertonian Rambler said...

Now I'm wondering if I can fold in "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins." Because what says Spock and I Must Be Drunk better than that?!?

Craig said...

From what I can tell, the new Star Trek movie is a bastardization, so I'd say that episodes of the original TV series would be a better backdrop for your holiday. Is there a Star Trek Trivial Pursuit?

Rachel said...

From what I can tell, most people are excited about the Star Trek movie. I don't believe there's a Star Trek Trivial Pursuit, which is kind of a shame. There'd be a lot more material than there is for Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, which gets a little repetitive.

And yes, Spocktoberfest should include The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins. That's perfect.

Robert said...

The new Trek movie rocked. As a fan for as long as I have been alive, and the reigning Star Trek Scene-it Champion, I say my opinion is valid.

Oh, yeah, no Trivial Pursuit, but there is a quiz game of nothing but question from TOS and there is Scene-It. Which I rock at, and own. If you ever want to challenge me, prepare to be humbled by my knowledge of the Trek.