Sunday, May 3, 2009

Three Miscellaneous Internet Items

1. Bear with me on this train of thought: I've mentioned a webcomic I read sometimes, Diesel Sweeties. One of the major characters of Diesel Sweeties is Red Robot (his mission is, in his words, to "crush all hu-mans").

The writer of Diesel Sweeties is now selling a Red Robot book, and in conjunction with the book, a Red Robot stuffed toy.

And that Red Robot stuffed toy is handmade by ladies in Bangladesh hired through a fair trade organization (which pays them 25% more than Bangladesh's minimum wage and allows them to find wage-paying work without leaving their homes for slums in cities). Which is pretty cool.

2. 11 Points

Sometime last week or the week before last, I became strangely obsessed with 11points.com . It's just a blog by some guy who makes lists about whatever catches his fancy. And all the lists have 11 items. (It's not a sophisticated concept.) I feel like I ought to tell you my 11 favorite 11 Points list, but I'll just give you a few: predictions Back to the Future Part II got right (and 11 more it got wrong), eerily similar movies released at nearly the same time, and things he found in the Google archive from 2001 (which is really pretty interesting).

Also, 11 Points today led me to Item #3.

3. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that many of you won't like this one. (I told Nancy about it earlier today and she flipped out a little bit.) I'm not sure I like it. All I know is that it's strangely fascinating, and I looked at several pages of it before I could tear myself away. Why?

It's ManBabies.com.

The deal is, people send in photos that feature a man and also a baby. Then the dudes at ManBabies use photoshop to switch the heads of the man and the baby. Ta-da! It's creepy!


You ready?




You sure?





You can turn back at any time, you know.







Okay, here's one:

And remember, there are more. Many, many more.


BONUS!: This is my favorite birthday song, which I make sure to play for myself each year.



Heartwarming!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Man-babies are creepy, yet I can't stop looking at them.