Monday, January 4, 2010

So Romantic!

Is it immature of me to find this paragraph--from an ESPN story about the firing of the Washington Redskins' head coach and speculation about the hiring of their next coach--really funny?

It is no secret that Snyder admires Shanahan. The two men have known each other since the late 1990s, when they attended the same Pro Bowl, stayed in the same hotel in Hawaii, and wound up having dinner together one night. Since then, the two men have remained in contact and have had a friendly relationship.
I think it's the "wound up having dinner together one night" that sends it over the top for me.

(Side note: I just started following the author of the article, Adam Schefter, on Twitter, and it turns out he's, like, real smart about football. He makes me feel like I'm smarter about football just by reading his tweets.)

No comments: