Monday, April 19, 2010

Books and Books, Succinctly

Love the One You're With, by Emily Giffin
Bland.

Shogun, by James Clavell
Longest book in the history of literature; no climactic battle; still pretty good.

The Spellmans Strike Again, by Lisa Lutz
Not nearly as funny as the first three, but I'm still sad it seems like it's the last one of the series.

Warriors: Into the Wild, by "Erin Hunter"
As good as you could expect for a company-written YA rip-off of Watership Down (except with cats).

(I checked this one out because all the pre-teen girls who come to my library read these things by the dozen. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.)

And in other book- and blog-related news, I've started using the website Goodreads (on ashpags' recommendation--thanks, ashpags!) to keep track of what I've read and get ideas for new books to read. And just today, I added a widget! (Over there on the right, under "blog archive.") Widgets are fun! (And so is Goodreads--you should join, too!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay widgets! I'm glad you are liking Goodreads...I find it incredibly useful, and I really like reading everyone else's reviews.

Rachel said...

My "books and books" posts would be infinitely harder to write if I weren't on Goodreads, because I'd forget books I've read (or tried to read).