Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Little Bit of Football

Well, you can tell it's getting close to football season (I guess 38 days is close?), because the TexAgs frontpage is filled with news stories with teeny helmets next to them.

I have perused many of these stories so you don't have to. Here are the highlights:

I read this pretty boring story about our new Strength and Conditioning Coach. (I clicked on it because the headline was "K-State's loss equals A&M's gain," and hey, I like schadenfreude as much as the next gal.) But what I did learn from it? To liven up strength and conditioning sessions, the coach has the guys play the game . . . wait for it . . . Ultimate Medicine Ball.

In news from around the Big XII: "Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel starts every practice by going down his offensive line and giving each of the players a hug." . . . Okay then.

And, from Iowa State: "Mack daddy: Chizik said he still talks often with his former boss Mack Brown. 'I took notes from him for two years,' he said. 'He still helps me. I'm still just a little ol' puppy.' " Again . . . okay then.

"McGee downplays win at Texas": good. He ought to. That was a terrible game in which it just happened that the 'sips managed to out-suck the Aggies. And I had even forgotten, until that same story brought it up again, about Kellen Heard's unbelievably flagrant illegal hit on Colt McCoy (it's at about the 1:10 mark). No poor little 12-year-old deserves to have that happen to him.

I'm sorry, I've never been so bitter about a win in my life. But come ON.

Finally, this article doesn't get any better than the headline but then, how could it?: "From 4 Pounds at Birth to 268, Aggie Still Gains." (That article also says: "Last season, Franchione was criticized after a 17-16 home loss to Oklahoma for not giving the ball to Lane on third-and-goal from the 2-yard line in the fourth quarter. Instead, the Aggies made a 19-yard field goal.
Franchione said that decision haunted him. 'Sure, you’ve got regrets,' he said." NO KIDDING. [As it turns out, my plan not to despise that guy is not working. Does anyone have any suggestions?])



OK, so if you really want to know anything about how good the team is going to be this year, maybe you should go ahead and read the stories.

No comments: