Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Magical Green Bay Trip, Part 1

And now I bring you a bona fide Wisconsin Adventure, the magical trip to Green Bay. In this, part one of two, I discuss:

Item one about Lambeau Field: it's hard to really appreciate, until you see it, that it really just is in the middle of a regular old, middle-sized town.

See? Neighborhood.


Behind me there--nondescript gas station, Godfather's Pizza, etc. Less than a block away? Super K-Mart and a grocery store.

(What I'm on is a Packers-logo bench/terrorist protection. As I heard in the gift shop--sorry, pro shop--from the cashiers [as they were talking to each other instead of waiting on customers {in particular, me}] was that the Packers are finally complying with the NFL's orders to build Stuff in the parking lot around the stadium to keep crazies from driving a car bomb or something in on game day. Also, I'm squinting because it was bright out.)

Item two: statues!

Here's me with Curly Lambeau. (I'm trying to see what he's pointing at. [I still don't know.])
























Here's Neal with Vince Lombardi. Vince must have been hot in that metal coat on a ninety degree day.














And that's a sweet artsy shot of Curly again.

Item three: signs. Firstly, good for the Packers for not selling the field name. But they do rake in the cash from other avenues.

My favorite sign was the one about all the restaurants (that you get to through the Miller Brewing Gate).

I know "Brett Favre's 2 Minute Grill" isn't all that funny. But it cracks me up.

We ate at Curly's Pub (as mentioned on the top right corner of the sign). Neal was very excited.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Awesome.

Neal Davidson said...

Man, I am such a cheeseball.

Craig said...

They have restaurants open at Lambeau year-round? Crazy.

Rachel said...

Really just the one. And other people were around, for training camp.