Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Very Minor Point about Churches

In my day, I've read several different "You Might Be a [insert Protestant denomination here] If . . ." lists. They all, all, include something about how important you think food or potlucks or covered dishes or whatever are.

Helpful hint for all you Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc. out there: everybody likes food just as much as you do. Yeah. I'm not saying you're not, like, special; I'm just saying that . . . uh . . . that's part of what binds us all, no matter what brand of Christian, together. That and Jesus. Food and Jesus. Yep.

2 comments:

Academic Monkey said...

I would very like it if you could provide some links to some sample lists. I've never seen any before, and they sound pretty hilarious.




Why am I craving scallopped potatoes?

Anonymous said...

Even though they MAY like food, I feel in no way bound to the "Christans" from the Westboro Baptist Church (embarassingly located in Topeka). If you feel the need to get your blood boiling, go to Godhatesamerica.com.