Monday, March 2, 2009

Things to Do in Wisconsin

I watched this show on PBS the other night about aquariums (oh, the zany life I lead!) and for some reason it reminded me that it's been too long since I've gone somewhere and looked at stuff--like an aquarium, or a zoo, or a museum, or what have you. You know, field trip stuff. So I announced to Neal that we need to do Madisony Stuff--starting ASAP! (He was amenable to the suggestion.)

This is something between a list of suggestions and an itinerary.

Madison indoors:
State Capitol (check)

Wisconsin Historical Museum (check)

Chazen Museum of Art (check!)

University of Wisconsin Geology Museum

Wisconsin Veterans' Museum

Madison outdoors:

University of Wisconsin Arboretum

Ice Age National Scenic Trail (not all of it, unless we get real ambitious)

Olbrich Botanical Gardens

Vilas Zoo (check)

Outside Madison (this list is a lot shorter than it could be, but these are things I've been told I should go to):

The House on the Rock

Little Norway

New Glarus Brewing Company (check)

Cave of the Mounds

All right! We will have to see if Neal and I A) manage to do some of these things, and if we do B) remember to take pictures, so as to C) keep them for cherishing memories and D) post them on the ol' blog. Adventures!

1 comment:

Craig said...

I've been to three of those things, and I spent 4 days in Madison.