Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Unwelcome Company

This guy showed up my work yesterday.

I'm told he's a werewolf and, further, that his new haircut probably signals the beginning of his transformation from were-boy into were-man.

Yesterday, he was set up right by the circulation desk, meaning that everyone who came into the library saw him first thing, and that I kept getting startled when I looked up because I thought an unknown person was standing right there. But then today, Jacob got moved back to (appropriately enough) the teen section. And taking his place was someone much worse.

For whatever reason, Edward doesn't fake me out as much as Jacob does. Most of the time, I don't notice him. (Although just before we closed, when many of the lights had been turned out, somebody knocked him over, and as I turned I got freaked out because I thought I saw a person falling.) On the other hand, every time I turned that corner, I got sneered at.

Yeah. Right back at ya, jerk. (Seriously, that's supposed to be attractive? I do not understand These Kids Today.)

On the bright side, the costume party that Edward and Jacob are around to advertise takes place Thursday night. (As one of my co-workers pointed out, how does one dress up for a Twilight costume party? Or more accurately, if one is already an Average American Teen, how does one not dress up for a Twilight costume party, each and every day?) So at least I don't have to put up with them much longer. Maybe they'll end up as door prizes at the party?

2 comments:

Craig said...

I'm surprised there's a shirt on werewolf man. In every other promo for that movie, he is without one.

Unknown said...

Ahahahaha that sucks! Edward is super-creepy - in the books, in the movies, and in cardboard cut-out form! It's too bad you don't have a Jasper; he's my favorite!