Sunday, September 16, 2007

About a Link

My dad was asking me about my link over there on the side to BlondeChampagne. I don't know the author in a non-internet sense, although I feel like (after having read even the archives of her blog) we'd have a fair amount to talk about if we ever met. She's a college writing instructor/freelance writer, and I found her blog through two of the funniest things I ever read on MSN (back when I checked my hotmail more than twice a month). And though I've linked to them before, I'm sure, here they are again:

Professor Snape

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Both well worth the reading, I assure you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel, you find the best links ever. The Snape one is genius! =)

Chestertonian Rambler said...

I feel very, deeply conflicted here.

I mean, I have a very strong sense of my masculinity. And she's such a female-oriented writer. But....she's brilliant! I mean "The man has consistency, if not a thesaurus." I laugh every time I think of it!

To read or not....outrageous gender confusion or to take arms against my reading, and by opposing end it...

Hamlet had it easy.

Rachel said...

Your comment puzzles me, Scott, because I don't know how much you're kidding (darn inflection-less internet!). Because, clearly, you don't only read things aimed at/written from the perspective of your own generation, your own race, and your own nationality. And surely you don't expect me not to read material by, as it were, dudes. I read dude stuff all the time. Funny comes in all shapes, sizes, and genders.

Nancy said...

mmm, snape. what a great link.