Monday, September 17, 2007

Horace

Jim Broadbent isn't somebody I think about, usually, in the course of everyday life. Alan Rickman, yes; William Daniels, heck yes; even Bill Nighy has intruded into non-entertainment spheres of my existence.

But when Jim Broadbent does occur to me, I inevitably realize: that guy is awesome. I mean, let's talk versatility. The same guy was Harold Zidler in Moulin Rouge


and Bridget Jones's dad!


I don't know if that impresses you, but it sure impresses me.

All this is to say that I was pretty pleased today when Mugglenet informed me that he's going to be playing Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. He's not quite roly-poly enough, that's true, but A) Robbie Coltrane isn't nine feet tall, either (and let's not even start on the color of Dan Radcliffe's eyes), and B) he's going to rock it, I promise.


(Do you think we'll get to see Jim Broadbent as a sofa?)

4 comments:

Neal Davidson said...

Setting aside the fact that 'Moulin Rouge' makes me want to rip my eyeballs out, I do like Jim Broadbent. Harry Potter's supporting cast just got even more absurdly accomplished.

Academic Monkey said...

I like the idea of Neal having to rip his own eyeballs out. I too am happy with the choice of Jim Broadbent. Not that I have any plans to see the next HP movie, of course. My stout denial to watch as Book Six gets destroyed before my very eyes begins now...

Academic Monkey said...

Wait, I don't like the idea of Neal ripping his eyes out, what I meant is that I appreciate the hatred Neal feels for Moulin Rouge. Neal, please never rip your eyes out. I like them just the way they are.

Rachel said...

Lesley, I think we both know that you're all talk about not seeing that movie. C'mon. There's going to be a ton of Ginny in there.