Monday, July 20, 2009

Ways I Hurt Myself Today

Oh man, that sounds like a post title on the livejournal of an emo high schooler, doesn't it?

Instead, it is a list of the injuries incurred by a klutzy person who has a job that involves a lot of carrying and moving things around.

1. scraped two knuckles when grabbing DVDs wedged behind the book drop chute.
2. paper cut, courtesy Sunday's Chicago Tribune.
3. slight rug burn on fingertips from dragging items across floor of book drop closet (on the weekends, the chutes would clog up if we left the bins in there, so we just let everything fall on the floor).
4. slight bruise on chin from dropping (small) book from six-foot shelf onto face.

Ah, library employment. It's dangerous work, but somebody's gotta do it. (It's the paper cut that hurts worst.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#4 made me laugh out loud. Sorry about that.

Oh, and I'm not really feeling the yellow. I think we should just accept our blogs for what they are.

Rachel said...

I don't think I'm feeling it either, but I think I'll leave it for a couple days to see if I warm up to it.

And I wouldn't have put the dropping-a-book-on-my-face incident if I didn't think it was funny, so I'm glad you did too.

Chestertonian Rambler said...

I just re-read your title. And now have a strong urge to listen to Johnny Cash.