Saturday, December 12, 2009

Football Part 3: My Picks

(Blogsplosion Post #7)

It's been longer than I thought since I last posted about how I was doing on all my various football picks. To sum up: pretty ok!

To expand: I gave up on the Facebook picks a few weeks into the season. The application is just terrible, picking straight up is boring, and none of my very few friends in the group cared either. It was No Good.

On ESPN, where I pick NFL games, I'm doing OK, I guess. I'm in the 90th percentile on ESPN overall, but that's only good enough to be tied for 2,153rd place in the Bill Simmons group. I really need to recruit some people I know to have a manageable group next year. (If I were in the 15-person "featured entries" group within the Bill Simmons group, for example, I'd be in 5th place, which would feel a lot more special. Too bad I don't personally know Bill Simmons.)

The best news comes from my Yahoo! college picks group, where I played against people from my dad's work. It ended last week, and I won! (It actually wasn't even close--I had a five point margin heading into the last week, when there were only nine games to pick. That's when I knew I had it sewn up.) I asked my dad (who came in second) whether the dudes from his work were embarrassed that they'd been beaten by a girl, and he said he'd be sure to rub it in. So that's good.

Anyway, Craig is right that I should play fantasy football next year. I think I'm going to get a whole league together, in fact, so everybody reading this: let me know if you want in. (I know it's a while from now, but it's never too early to start laying the groundwork.)

3 comments:

AVH said...

I probably will definitely want in. It will give me a good reason to begin to pay attention to pro football, and I'm always jealous of people who have fantasy football friends. Plus I won't be doing an internship and should actually have a life again!

Rachel said...

Awesome!

Craig said...

I will compete against you in both FF and picks next year. Also, I got the #1 seed in the playoffs of my FF league.