Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Blog Post about Blog Posts

I had a goal.

2008 was a pretty lame blogging year here at Sconnie 'Ventures (as I sometimes like to think of it). As you can see over on the sidebar, I only managed to publish 80 entries the whole year. I wanted to beat that in 2009, and it was so easy that I accomplished it in April. The loftier goal was to beat 2007, when I blogged 186 times. I was going strong for awhile, but then got to feeling uncreative and, well, un-bloggy. The goal seems distant now.

But I'm not giving up!

No, it's time for one final blog push! I've got 26 days of 2009 left (including today) and 27 entries (not including this one) to beat 2007. Can I do it? I don't know. But as my blogging year began with a blog streak, I will try to make it end with a blog-splosion!

(Incidentally, if you guys have any ideas, suggestions, or requests for things for me to write about, I will receive them gladly. [I'm already planning on an Aggie football post, but I figure that by now I might as well wait til their bowl bid is announced; I'm also almost done watching the 7th season of Friends, so I should be able to write that one soon.])

And since we're on the subject of blog-writing, I'd just like it put it out there that I haven't given up on Monarch Moments. I'm hoping it will come roaring back in 2010--maybe if I shoot for two updates a week instead of three, it'll help?

Finally, I have used the word "blog" in various forms eleven times in this entry. Just in case you were wondering. (I thought it would be more.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Chandler Bing and Bertie Wooster got into a fistfight, who would win?

Craig said...

If you're desperate for posting material, you can always tell people to vote for my cheese recipe in the $1000 contest I entered. I can even arrange an interview with the chef.

Rachel said...

All right then, Craig. Why don't you send me an email or something about . . . your creative process? Or anything else you'd like to share with my readers?

How long does the contest run? (I did vote, by the way.)

Craig said...

I will get on that. It runs until the 21st.