Wednesday, January 24, 2007

As You May Have Heard, I Dislike Texas Tech.

I had the "pleasure" of listening to the Aggie basketball game tonight as called by Texas Tech's "announcers."


OK, that last set of sarcastic punctuation was a little uncalled for. One should not expect too much from local college sports guys; this I know. Still, the play-by-play guy said several ridiculous things, only three of which I decided to jot down for my own amusement.

"He's one of our most prodigious free-throw shooters . . . ."

I think you meant prolific, buddy. (But I like to think he was using the obsolete definition and that whichever guy it was shoots free throws ominously.)


When Acie Law was trying to shoot a free throw on the end where the Tech students sit:

“He makes the free throw, even though the student body is holding up sheep posters . . . I don’t know what that’s about.”

Well, sir, if you don’t know, I’m not going to explain it to you.



Talking about the Aggies' tough defense:

"Jones and Kavaliauskas are really fighting them hammer and sickle down there!"

Yes, the reports are true. The Aggie big men play such good defense, it's practically . . . communist?

3 comments:

We all need GUiDance said...

Be glad you were only listening to the game. I'm still home for the break and I "got" to watch the game. It was ridiculous how poorly the refs were calling the game. You could tell they were Tech refs. (Not that it's something new for the sport, but still it's annoying). I just hope that makes you feel a little better about listening to the game. Oh, and I have to agree with you, the announcers were pretty bad.

Craig said...

I used my mascot connections to get free Utah Jazz tickets last night, so it was only this morning that I learned the sad news.

Rachel said...

It is sad that we lost--especially to Tech. But it's ok, the season is long. We shall overcome!