Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Review of The Queen

I went to see The Queen this evening, and I was extremely impressed. There have only been a few times I can remember leaving the theatre and having a feeling of, "I can't BELIEVE how good this movie was," but this was one of them. It's not a big dramatic thing, it's just very well-written and exquisitely acted. Obviously, Helen Mirren is getting a lot of attention for it, but the guy who plays Tony Blair also does a fantastic job. And it really took me back to the good old days when I like Tony Blair, back before I knew was a tool. Almost every person in the entire cast manages to portray really believable, nuanced, sympathetic characters, and that's what drives the movie.


So, even if you're not a British history nerd, I advise you in the strongest possible terms to see this movie when you get the chance. It will be well worth the rental fee. Unless of course you're somewhere in my vicinity, and you can borrow it from me after I buy it--the day it comes out.


That is all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've been wanting to see this movie. Now I want to see it even more.

Rachel said...

I cannot stress this enough: it's really, REALLY good.