Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Two Laundry Stories

(This is why I tend not to blog about my actual life much. Because the most bloggable thing I did today was . . . laundry.)


Story 1: A Magical Laundry Miracle!
I have these towels my mom bought for me before I left for college freshman year. When we got them from the LaCrosse, Kansas, Duckwall's variety-type store, they were lavendar. It took them until roughly November of my freshman year for them to turn a sad, washed-out pink.



But today, I washed one with a blue blanket and a maroon blanket (both of which I thought I had washed before) and--voila!


As you can see, Towel on the Left has been rejuvenated to its original color!

And there was much rejoicing.

Story 2: An example of my mental prowess

I was digging load #2 of 6 (I set a new personal record!) out of the washer, and I noticed that a very long string was entangled over everything. Nervous, I tried to trace it to its source. This may have happened to you before--some part of one of your garments starts to unravel in the wash, and it may or may not be signify real damage. However, I separated the entire wad--not an inconsiderable amount of string--from everything and, relieved, put all my clothes in the dryer. Doing a last check of the washer, in case of renegade socks, I noticed a small black cylinder that I quickly recognized.

I washed a spool.

So much for being able to match any white thread the next time I need to mend something.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I have a shoelace tied to my flash drive, and one time I washed the whole thing. The drive survived, and my shoelace returned to its original shiny, white state.