Friday, June 1, 2007

HUGE NEWS

HBO is filming. . .

deep breath, everyone . . .

a John Adams miniseries.

A John Adams miniseries!

This is the real thing, you guys. I mean, it's written by David McCullough, stars Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney, and is produced by Tom Hanks. Tom everlovin' Hanks! (But also, creepy David Morse plays George Washington. Weird.)

We'll all have to wait patiently to see it until 2008, unfortunately, but I bet it will totally be worth it.

And don't worry, I'll keep you posted as I find out more about it.

JOHN ADAMS MINISERIES!

4 comments:

MacKenzie said...

I find Paul Giamatti way more creepy than David Morse. Not that I don't think David Morse is creepy, he is - just not as creepy as P.G. Hopefully the wonderfulness of John Adams will overshadow all weirdness from the actors?

Academic Monkey said...

Rachel, surely one day you will realize that John Adams is not the hero you think he is, that in fact he was a monarchist who tried to have people killed for matters of free speech, and that David McCulloch is a conservative, America-is-mythically-wonderful, BAD, historian.




And that, Rachel's other friends, is how you work Rachel up into a frenzy.

Rachel said...

Apparently Lesley, not content to be the only person with whom I've gotten into an actual fight about John Adams, is aiming to become the only person with whom I've gotten into an actual fight about John Adams TWICE.
Watch yourself, missy.

Also, I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude about Paul Giamatti. Clearly, he'll be no William Daniels, but I'll give him a chance anyway.

Anonymous said...

I will not watch a show with Paul Giamatti playing a talking car.