Friday, June 29, 2007

Money Can't Buy Happiness, but it Can Buy Other Cool Stuff.

We discussed, quite a while back, the spending of my Jeopardy! money. Well, it finally came a couple weeks ago, and I bought something wonderful.

Man, that is so much bigger than my old tv. Also, it receives both digital and analog channels, so I have nothing to worry about come 2009. (And I get 5 digital PBSes, for some reason. My hunch is that that's more PBS than any human needs.)

And I get so much more John Adams bang for my John Adams buck! (Whatever that means.)

Sweeeeeeet.

The only downside is that now I'm all tempted to get cable; this tv cries out to have sports watched upon it, and the major networks just don't have enough Aggie games to satisfy it.

Mmm . . . big tv.

3 comments:

AVH said...

Is watching William Daniels sing as John Adams on a nice, big, new tv not the exact definition of happiness? Or maybe it's just pure bliss...

Anonymous said...

I looks likef you need a beefyer shelf. Poor thing might get squashed.

Academic Monkey said...

A) Awesome tv!
B) I love that you add the exclamation point to Jeopardy. Oh, I know, it's part of the name, but it's a detail more people would omit.
C) Is there really such a thing as too much PBS? I mean, documentaries on history, NOVA, so much learning!