Sunday, March 15, 2009

BIG XII TOURNAMENT! [fist shaking angrily at sky]

I think I've decided that I hate the Big XII tournament.

It's really just shocking how bad the Aggies have been--this year and historically--in the blasted thing. Three games ever, people. In the twelve year history of the conference, the Aggies won one game in '06 and two games last year (bright side: that means the Turge has won twice as many conference tournament games as Billy). '07 was particularly frustrating, as the Ags came in with a #2 seed and, therefore, a bye round, and immediately lost to a desperate Oklahoma State team.

As usual, I didn't get to watch the Ags play on Wednesday night. However, it's easy to be frustrated just from watching the score--how do you squander a 20-point halftime lead? To Texas Tech?

Stupid tournament.

It's fairly disingenuous for me to say I hate it, though, because given the chance, I'd love to go see it in person. It's one of my long-term goals.

3 comments:

Craig said...

And Kentucky didn't even make the tournament this year.

Rachel said...

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot to mention that anywhere!

Anonymous said...

I have been against these idiotic, post-season tournaments for a long time. How long? When I started they had a jump ball after every basket; there were one-shot fouls; the players shorts were above their knees; and the ball was made of a rock. A long time; and still we have tournaments where the best teams don't care if they win or lose.