Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Don't You Judge Me!


Tonight




I am




going to watch




American Idol . . .




on purpose.


Yes, it's true. But I have three good . . . three not-awful reasons for doing so. Which I will present in reverse order to kick up the suspense.


3. Apparently, most of the people still on there can actually sing. I've tried and physically cannot watch the early episodes of each season where it's 1.5 minutes of good singing and 46.5 minutes of stupid people embarrassing themselves. I know they have to know how bad they are, and I know they're purposely subjecting themselves to it just to get on tv, but I still feel really sorry for them. And that's not good entertainment.


2.5 (because it's not really a reason, as much as laziness) It's on right before House, which I'll be watching anyway, so all I have to do is turn on the tv an hour earlier.


(Maybe I just put that in there to remind you that House is on tonight.)


2. I've been reading the Television Without Pity recaps of the last few weeks of American Idol, and they are FUNNY. So they should be even funnier if I actually watch the show beforehand!


But the number 1 reason I'm watching American Idol (on purpose!) tonight?



S a n j a y a !

I can't help it! I need to witness the phenomenon!

5 comments:

Craig said...

I prefer to watch only the last 5 minutes, so I can figure out what number to call without having to witness the show.

Rachel said...

Do YOU vote for Sanjaya?!

Craig said...

Sure do:
http://brcbanter.blogspot.com/2007/04/
voting-for-idol.html

Tina said...

I can't help it. I am judging you. Just a little though, because I do agree with reason 2.5. That's how I caught the end of last week's episode.

Rachel said...

Craig, I did read that post (really!), I just either didn't realize or forgot that you actually went through with voting for Sanjaya. Well done.