Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ridiculous Boyfriend Spotlight On . . .

Homsar!


Yes, I know--if I was going to have a Homestarrunner-type boyfriend, why not Strong Bad? Or Pom Pom? Or even Senor Cardgage? Well, I thought about it, but then I caught sight of my Homsar figurine (what? It's part of a set and I got it for Christmas and it's wicked awesome! Shut up!) and decided to go another way.
According to hrwiki.org (which is, in its own way, far more amazing than wikipedia could ever hope to be--and wikipedia is pretty amazing), "Homsar is perhaps the strangest and most enigmatic of all the primary residents of the Homestar Runner universe. "

You know, the more I read of that hrwiki link to Homsar, the less I feel I have to say, or indeed can say, about him. It has that delightful wikipedia tone that takes even the dumbest of topics seriously. Check it: "Many believe that Homsar speaks in word salads (a speech disorder characteristic of schizophrenia in which grammar and sentence structure is often intact, but the words themselves have no particular meaning), but a detailed analysis of his speech patterns has shown that this is seldom the case." Who did a detailed analysis of his speech patterns? It's a good thing these people are preoccupied by cataloguing the entirety of the Homestarrunner.com universe, or they'd end up taking over the world.

Anyhoo, it's not that Homsar is attractive, or not a cartoon, or intelligent, or even necessarily sentient, but he just makes me happy. His hat! It floats! His words! They make no sense!

And now, three Homsar links, so he can make you happy, too.





AaAAaaAAaaAAaa!

No comments: