Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Link I Meant to Share with You Long Ago

I saw this a couple of months ago on TexAgs, and thought it was pretty sweet (because it is).

It's the College Football Victory Chain Linker! That's right--it's the way you can claim transitive victories by any team over any team!

For instance, if I wanted to spuriously argue that Texas A&M could have beaten "national" "champion" LSU (no offense, LSU, it's just that I'm spiritually obligated to heap scorn upon the BCS at every opportunity), the Chain Linker tells me to point out that

Texas A&M beat
Louisiana-Monroe who beat
Alabama who beat
Arkansas who beat
LSU

or, say I wanted to point out that our loss to Texas Tech was yet another fluke:

Texas A&M beat
Oklahoma St who beat
Texas Tech

Well, that's easy. (Not quite as easy as Texas A&M beat Texas, I feel I should point out. And, ha.) But what if I wanted to demonstrate that, if only they had played, Texas Tech would clearly have lost to Fort Hays State University?

Fort Hays St beat
Emporia St who beat
Central Oklahoma who beat
Abilene Christian who beat
Texas St-San Marcos who beat
Cal Poly SLO who beat
UC-Davis who beat
Northeastern who beat
New Hampshire who beat
Delaware who beat
Northern Iowa who beat
Iowa St who beat
Colorado who beat
Texas Tech

I could do this all day. However, I'll just do one more:

Texas A&M beat
Oklahoma St who beat
Indiana who beat
Iowa who beat
Illinois who beat
Penn State


Ahh. That feels better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now feel justified in proclaiming Ft Hays State the football power of Ellis County, Kansas!!