Saturday, January 19, 2008

Marriage Quiz!

As I had hoped, when my gentleman caller and I went to meet with the minister this week, he gave us a take-home quiz. (He probably called it a "questionnaire" or something, but I prefer "quiz.")

It was pretty good. There were about 160 questions, so it was fairly comprehensive. However, I've easily been able to think of some important questions that were left off.

For the following, answer A (agree), D (disagree), or U (unsure):

Toilet paper should be hung in its dispenser so that it is pulled from the top, not the bottom.

My future spouse and I agree on the appropriateness/inappropriateness of naming our children after sci-fi/fantasy characters (examples: Luke, James Tiberius, Frodo).

If in the future, my future spouse gains significant weight, I will truthfully inform him/her that he/she has done so.

If in the future, I gain significant weight, he/she should by no means throw that fact in my face!

Cable tv is a necessary quality-of-life expense.

Beer is a necessary quality-of-life expense.

My future spouse and I are in agreement about how many hours a week we should play video games (whether together or separately).

I am willing to compromise with my future spouse on which television shows we watch (example: will watch one PBS documentary in return for one episode of American Gladiators).

3 comments:

Neal Davidson said...

For the public record, I want to watch PBS, my fiance (who has been on Jeopardy, mind you) inexplicably wants to watch American Gladiators. Though, I do suggest you try to count how many times Hulk Hogan says "dude" in a single episode, as he hobbles around on his arthritic joints, long since fused together by steroid use. Or, you can watch as hideous she-monster Lela Ali towers over the male contestants, as they struggle to remember their canned lines about how much they kicked ass in some weirdly homoerotic contest with the male gradiators. Yeah, I'm the crazy one.

Anonymous said...

As the parent of the fiance, I neither understand or accept responsiblity for this Gladiator affection.
"Don't you kids want to watch Scooby Doo or Dark Wing Duck?"
"No, Dad, Nitro is about to drop the hammer on some poor fireman from Boise."

Chestertonian Rambler said...

Aha! Mr. Geltleman Caller posts!

So my electronic stalking of fiances of distant friends continues!

(In this case it continues by me clicking on a video of McKellan, realizing it has been taken down, and going on to look at something more immediately attention-grabbing.)

I heartily approve of the additional questions. Though I'm surprised the video games one isn't already on there, in some form or other. The role (for good or ill) of video games in relationships has long been vastly underrated.