Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wedding-O-Rama UPDATE

First of all, thanks to everybody who has sent along their congratulations, whether by blog comment, Facebook wall post, email, phone call, or simply happy thoughts. I'm glad other people are excited, because I know I am.

For those of you interested in how the Plans are going, here's the UPDATE:

There is no date as yet, but we're shooting for "summer." I've heard that's a pretty popular choice.

We may iron that out tomorrow, as that is the day on which we are scheduled to meet with The Minister. I've mentioned this to a few people who have said to me, as if in mild warning, that he may make us do some sort of marriage counselling. I don't see why that would be a problem. After all, from what I've seen on TV, marriage counselling seems to involve answering questions about each other, your values, and future plans. And if there's one thing I enjoy, it's a quiz!

(I was saying to the gentleman caller the other day that it would be pretty cool if they asked us a bunch of questions, and we did really well, and they said we were a realy good couple, and they gave us an A [or something]. He replied, "You really are Monica, aren't you?")

One thing I do have? A dress! Of course, I can't post a picture of it here, as it is confidential. You know, from my gentleman caller. If anyone else is seized by curiousity, I could email it to her or him (but probably her).

4 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Wow, your already so on top of things with the dress. And I would love to see a pic via email. Also, I agree with you about counseling, it's a good thing. I wish we had done a bit more myself. Our meeting with Kip was okay, but I think a more game show feel would have added a delightful dimension.

Tina said...

I desperately want to see the dress! In which of your three states of residence will the wedding take place? On a totally unrelated note, my research professor mentioned the work done by our fellow student and collegue that proved Kansas was indeed as flat as a pancake. He said the study was "technically flawless." I thought you would appreciate the fact that, even though it brought you so much grief to have everyone and their dog tell you about it, at least it was well done.

Frank said...

I bet if there was a contest for who gave the worst massage, you'd win that, too. And you'd get all the votes. You really are Monica, sweetheart.

(Hello, organizing DVDs in order of the color of the DVD case?)

Chestertonian Rambler said...

Just whatever you do...encourage Mr. Gentleman Caller not to write a multiple-page e-mail questioning the preacher's philosophical position regarding what marriage is and what premarital counsellings should be.

Because that's just a BAD IDEA.