Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Was Afraid This Would Happen.

Seriously?


What is it about Texas [note my lack of restraint in not putting an expletive here] Tech? Their team is NOT AS GOOD as A&M's, and yet they keep beating us!

Twice by two points apiece last year (the second one causing me to swear really loudly in a public place, not to mention slam my hand down so hard on the table that I wasn't entirely sure that I hadn't broken something in there), and now this.

However, the worst part isn't that we've lost to them three times in a row. The worst part isn't even that it was Bobby Knight's 900th win (although that would be the worst part had the game been in Reed Arena). No, the worst part was that the Ags played horrrrrrrrrribly. I didn't get to watch the game (I somehow continue to to make it through a life without cable), but I did try to listen to it. In a rare display (I flatter myself) of un-Aggieness, I stopped listening early. I think it was about the time Joe Jones travelled for the fourth time? Or when Josh Carter racked us up yet another offensive foul?

I forgive missing shots (except free throws), because I understand that a player can sometimes have an off-night. Sloppy play, however, I just do not care for. Again, I don't know how it looked (and I don't know if the refs were being unfair to the Aggies, though it did sound like they were calling it both ways--and Dave South didn't complain about it, anyway) but it was like torture to listen to.

The upside to this is that if the Ags step it up, maybe--maybe--they can finally beat Tech when they come to our place. I asked my gentleman caller after I looked up the final score last night, "Why can't The Turge, Joe Jo, D Kirk, D Sloan, D Ro, DeAndre, B Dav, and Josh beat those guys?" (His reply: "I don't know.") But I know they can.
They've just got to try A WHOLE LOT harder.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh. It was even worse on TV - I turned it off early, too. They need to get their acts together, and pdq.

At least the women won yesterday! =)

AVH said...

I was wondering if you'd be blogging about the game. One of my classmates totally tried to talk smack to me yesterday about how A&M was going to stomp Tech, and I just told him I agreed and that A&M should win... Tech's not that good this year, and A&M is awesome. I guess I should have supported my other school, because then I could've talked some smack this morning. Unfortunately, A&M played too poorly and just gave the game away, so it was too sad to discuss.

Rachel said...

See, I would not have talked ANY Tech smack before that game. My post title was true, I was afraid that loss would happen. Tech has some weird Achilles heel effect on A&M. I don't get it, but I do know it.