Thursday, February 8, 2007

134

I did it--I signed up for Netflix. If they aren't misleading me, my first DVD (Disc 1, Season 1 of St. Elsewhere, starring William Daniels . . . old yet dreamy) should arrive on Saturday.

Naturally, once I started adding things to my queue, it became nigh impossible to stop. I have, yes, 134 discs eagerly waiting to wing their way to my apartment. (I couldn't help myself. Besides, one season of an hour-long show has six discs, and that adds up in a hurry.)

A few lucky members of my queue: Project Runway Season 1, Joan of Arcadia Season 2, Daria: The Movie: Is It Fall Yet?, Big Love Season 1, The Graduate (I've never seen it/William Daniels again!), Animaniacs Volume 2, Whose Line is it Anyway Season 1, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers Season 1 Disc 1, Yes Minister (it's British), The Critic the Complete Series, The Brak Show, and on and on.

This is either going to be the best or worst idea I've ever had. (The smart money is on "worst.")

8 comments:

Craig said...

If you decide that you want to watch, say, Cocoon, can you put it to the top of your list? What if you want to watch it soon, but not until after you finish the current season of Marcus Welby, M.D. or whatever? Do you have that flexibility?

Rachel said...

Well, you put your queue in order. You can assign any item to any spot in line. However, I'm not sure how accurate it is, since the first thing I'm getting shipped to me was #6 on my list. I'm not completely gruntled about that.

AVH said...

I think it's a great idea, I love me my Netflix. And yes, Craig, you can always bump anything to the top of your list. Like this past week, I noticed that my saved movie "Running With Scissors" had finally come out on dvd and was now added to the bottom of my list. So on Thursday I moved it to the top of my list, and lo and behold, it was in my mail today! I'm pretty pumped, I mean, who wouldn't want to see Kristin Chenoweth playing a lesbian?? I've never had it skip to a lower number before, are you sure your first 5 movies (I'm assuming a season of a show) are available?

Rachel said...

There are only about things in my queue that say "short wait" instead of "now" for availability, and I'm sure I put the ones I wanted at the very top. I am mystified.

Anonymous said...

I want to see Kristin Chenoweth playing a lesbian.

Anonymous said...

If William Daniels and Alan Rickman were to get in a fist fight, who would win?

Rachel said...

My guess is, since Alan Rickman would have a longer reach and is not 80 years old, Alan Rickman. But I don't think it would be easy.

AVH said...

If something says "short wait," it probably won't come until it says it's available now. Although I've only had like one or two things ever say short wait...then again, I like to rent things I guess no one else does! And Kristin Chenoweth's part in "Running with Scissors" sadly only lasted maybe a minute total. And she was only a lesbian for half of that minute. Oh well, she was still funny.