Thursday, February 22, 2007

Today's Story of Disappointment (Currency Edition)

Well, I dropped in at the bank today--thought I'd get me a little cash and maybe one of those presidential dollars. Or two. I mean, if I'm going to get some John Adams dollars (and I am), I might as well get a Washington, just in case I feel like having the complete set.

However.

I ask the cashier, "Do you have any of those George Washington dollars?"

"No," he says. "The government made a big deal about releasing them, but then they didn't give us a way to order any."

I expressed my disappointment, and he commiserated. Apparently, none of the branches of my bank have any clue as to how to get any of the new coins, nor do they have any idea of when they might get some idea.

I think the cashier put it well: "Good one, government."

1 comment:

Craig said...

Maybe they should have waited until the quarter thing is over. There are only two years left.