Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ridiculous Boyfriend Spotlight On . . .

Henry the Accountant!


Henry has been featured on no fewer than four episodes of one of the three shows I bother to watch (on broadcast TV, as opposed to the kajillions of shows I watch on DVD), Ugly Betty. (It's on tonight, by the way. If you see this post before 8/7 central and have never seen the show before, you should give it a whirl. It's cute and stupid. But it knows it's stupid.)

There's not really much to say about Henry besides the fact that he's practically perfect in every way. He's nerdy, sweet, somewhat shy, but brave enough to let our heroine, Betty, know that he really likes her. He is, in a word (coined somewhere on the internets), adorkable.

Betty is, of course, lucky that neither she nor Henry are real, or the two of us would have a showdown.





P.S. Oh my gosh, you guys, I just realized something. My favorite British monarch is, as you may know, Henry VII. Well, he was so all about saving and collecting money, and supervising those processes himself, that he has at times been called "The Accountant King." So I like two accountant Henries. WEIRD.

6 comments:

Craig said...

This one is indeed ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Craig is just jealous because I think Henry is adorkable too.

Rachel said...

If I were a dude, I would also feel threatened by Henry. The adorkable one, not the stingy king.

AVH said...

So I also think Henry is adorkable and I decided he was going to be my boyfriend after watching parts of last night's episode. I mean, he freak'n asked Betty to Wicked!!! You can't get a better date than that. I love him. And Wicked (of course).

Rachel said...

Angela, I totally thought of you and how it would win you over when Henry invited Betty to Wicked. It was simply more proof (as if any were needed!) of Henry's perfection.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.