Thursday, March 29, 2007

Check This Out

(I know this is hard to see, so it's here if you really care.)



I would like to draw your attention to a few things here. Firstly, that with Billy's pending pay raise to $2 million a year, he'll be getting about as much money as Fran, which is good for two reasons: 1. Fran sucks and Billy does not and 2. this will prove to Billy that A&M can love more than one sport. Yes, basketball will never be king like it as at, for instance, Kentucky, but also, as long as he's here, football will never be the only thing we can about.

The second thing about this neato graphic is--how hilarious is their picture selection?

Thirdly, I hope you can tell by the bars how little Bobby Knight is paid. (Relatively, of course.) I don't know whether to be more boggled by the fact that he's the fifth-highest paid coach in the Big XII (at $800,000) when he is BY FAR the biggest name, or by the fact that he's paid half as much as Tech's football coach ($1.6 million)! How in the world was Texas Tech ever able to hire Bobby Knight in the first place? (I know he probably gets much more than this what with his O'Reilly Autoparts endorsement deal, but still.)

And fourthly, Baylor's football coach gets paid over a million dollars a year? . . . Why? I know that's a cheap shot. But oh well.
Fifthly, no wonder Bob Stoops is the highest-paid state employee in Oklahoma at 3.5 million dollars a year. I mean, look at that maroon bar. It's huge!

2 comments:

AVH said...

Hmmm...those are interesting Tech statistics. I think the football coach should get paid more, due to the fact that football brings in SO much more money, but I didn't realize their salaries were that different. Mike Leach did improve Tech's football program, but Bobby Knight improved the basketball program just as much, if not more so. I know that when we signed Bobby Knight, there was some sort of condition in Marsha Sharp's contract that she would make more than the men's b-ball coach, or something to that extent. I was pretty sure she got bumped up to around $1 million when he was hired, so I thought he made about that much, too. She's retired now, so that should allow him to make even more. I'm a bit confused. There must be some money flying under the radar there. All I have to say is, Marsha Sharp rocks to have gotten paid more than Bobby Knight. I miss her.

Nick Fury said...

I think we all need to pay more attention to competitive marching bands.