Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ten Cents Well-Spent?

I've never text-message voted for anything before, but voting for Acie Law IV for the Naismith Award must be worth it. I mean, there's always a chance (a chance that gets better for every game A&M continues to play in) that he'll beat Kevin Durant, and I might as well do my part to help that happen.


And as long as I'm on the subject, I might as well extol a virtue or two of Acie's, to wit: so, that li'l freshman point guard for Louisville, Edgar Sosa, was understandably disappointed when his team lost (when, after a 31 point game from him, he missed two free throws and a last-second three at the end). But Acie made sure to tell him what a good job he'd done, and how he had nothing to be ashamed of.

Awwwwww. (Virtue 1: so nice! Virtue 2: classy!)

That picture is just barely behind "Acie and Billy share a special moment on Senior Day" as my current favorite Acie picture.

Edited to add: SWEET SIXTEEN, BABY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sweet Sixteen" is one of the worst names in sports (see: Utah Jazz).These 16 teams are not successful because they are sweet, this is not a competition for Miss Congeniality at a beauty contest.
If we must have a alliteritive title to match "Final Four" and "Elite Eight", I suggest, Studly Sixteen, or Super Sixteen, Or, my favorite, Sun-Bitchin' Sixteen.