Friday, March 2, 2007

Updates of Various Kinds

1. I did not win the John Adams eyeliner picture. Very sad. I'll just try to console myself with the fact that it says "For David." After all, I'm not David.


2. It continues to snow, so today I walked on down to Ace Hardware and bought a shovel. (I walked because I can't move my car--hence the shovel.) The best part of that story is me jaunting about town (including a trip into McDonald's to get me a salad) with a shovel over my shoulder.

3. Still no George Washington dollars at my bank. I went in and asked, and even got the same guy. He didn't remember me specifically, but did have the air of someone who's been asked the same question many a time.

4. More and more people are discovering how mind-bogglingly, superhumanly, unbelievably fantastic Acie Law IV is at playing basketball. That previous link is but one example of what I'm talking about; type Acie Law IV into Google News if you don't believe me. I dare you.



2 comments:

Academic Monkey said...

I"m still torn about the dollar coins...I really like Pound coins in Brit, and Euro coins in Euro, but the dollar coins are so ugly...at least Susan B Anthoy and Sacagewea (sp?) were interesting figures. The presidents have been poorly portrayed and do not represent the wide and varied history American has. (This coming from a person whose only American history experiences have been Afro-Am history, Women's history, and the history of Chicago)

Rachel said...

1. Presidents are cool! (Seriously, I should maybe give you some presidential tutoring. It would be so fun!)
2. There's writing on the sides of the president dollar coins. Writing! On the sides! (Just like in Merrie Olde Englande, where they wanted to make sure people didn't shave off the metal to profit from it. Sweet!)