Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Alberta Clipper

The weather here isn't . . . great this week.

According to the National Weather Service, we're getting the effects of an Alberta Clipper, which is a pretty name for "it's going to be colder and windier than you can shake a stick at." (Side note: one of these days, I want to literally shake a stick at something, just to do it.)

This is just one good reason why Neal and I didn't wait another six months to get married. When people came up here in July, everybody loovvvved Madison. Can you imagine if it were this weekend? (Saturday's high: a balmy 19!)


Compare:

Yesterday, when it was warmer but snowy and cloudy, I took a picture with my phone from about the same spot:

See? Not as good. If you didn't know there was a lake there, you wouldn't be able to tell--and I mean in real life, too. I walked around on the lake when I was over there, and I only had a vague idea of where the shoreline was.

3 comments:

Craig said...

You also didn't want to compete with our anniversary, I'm sure. But you could have got some great deals, I bet!

AVH said...

Crap, if I match for an internship in Wisconsin, I'm gonna need a whole new wardrobe!!

Meg said...

FYI: My middle name is Alberta.

Well, it was. Before I got married. I dropped that shit ASAP.