Friday, January 23, 2009

Things I Need to Stop Doing

1. Getting into political argument with strangers on the internet. This is never rewarding, and yet I keep taking the bait. It has to stop. (Especially on other people's facebook statuses. Sorry about that, Chestertonian Rambler.)

2. Looking for live singing performances from the Sixties on YouTube, because no matter how hard I try, I will never find something that tops Lesley Gore singing "Judy's Turn to Cry." I found it for my blog yesterday, and it is mesmerizing. The Sixties were awesome. I know you didn't click on it yesterday, so have at it now:



3. Drinking Pepsi, or maybe just drinking Pepsi with Chinese food? I'm not very observant about how my body reacts to stuff (it's an area of dumbness I have), but it's been hard to miss that sometimes after I drink Pepsi--or maybe just when I have Chinese food and also Pepsi?--my stomach gets very angry at me. Seriously, I think it wants to walk off the job right now, Alien-style.

That's my excuse for not coming with a better blog post. Not feeling so hot over here.

5 comments:

Craig said...

The worst is when you have a Facebook "friend" who you only have a distant connection to, and that person continues to spout liberal BS on their page. In that situation, I don't feel like I have enough of a relationship with the person to respond, so I just delete them as friends.

Rachel said...

Oh man, I deleted a slew (well, 2 or 3, but it felt like a slew) of people right after Election Day because of creepy and/or racist stuff they put up. I think there are ways to espouse your beliefs on Facebook without being a jerk to people who feel differently. Some people don't do that.

MacKenzie said...

I totally did watch that video last time. I am hurt you had so little faith in me :-)I too thought it was pretty awesome although those poor backup singers, talk about being in the shadows.


Also, I need to learn #1 but insert religious for political.

Chestertonian Rambler said...

On one hand: I may need to decrease my FaceBook political participation. Probably not a good idea. On the other, I do tend to get responses, which is kinda the point of publicly posting things. Fun for me, in the short term, but sometimes there's a reason people warn against discussing politics.

On the other: Thanks for the comment, btw. Otherwise I was going to reply myself. Now I don't have to.

It's good to have more-conservative friends not think of me (too much) as a dangerous subversive.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you didn't mind--I wanted to back up your point, but I didn't want to get all up in your business.

And thank you for watching, MacKenzie. That makes me happy.