Sunday, January 18, 2009

Songs I've Downloaded Recently

Three categories here: Guitar Hero, How I Met Your Mother, and Weird Al.

I've downloaded several songs that I enjoy playing on Guitar Hero, the most recent of which are Wolfmother's "Woman"


Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla"


and the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane." (Sorry, there was nothing they would let me embed that wasn't a live show accompanied by an orchestra, footage from Guitar Hero, or a small child playing bass over a cassette tape.)

That last one doubles as a How I Met Your Mother song--there's an episode where Barney has a mix CD, and as he explains, his mix CD philosophy is not that it should rise and fall. It should be "all rise!" I found a playlist of this CD through an old link to the CBS website, which is how I knew that "Rock You Like a Hurricane" was on there. The only song they play on the show is Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." (Ditto on the embedding problem, except replace "small child with a bass over a cassette tape" with "clips from NCIS for some reason.")

Because when you hear those first few lines? How can you not get pumped?!

In a different, and possibly the greatest ever, episode of HIMYM ("Slap Bet"), it is discovered that Robin was a teen singing sensation in her native Canada. I had to download the song from the fantastic music video:


Finally, Weird Al has a new single out (well, fairly new to me--I forgot to check his website for quite a while). Like his best songs, it gets ever funnier as it goes along.

No comments: