Saturday, January 24, 2009

Things That Happened Today

We had brinner--breakfast for dinner. This involved pancakes. It was much more successful than last night's supper, which left me seriously pondering the likelihood of throwing it all back up. The only negative consequence of the pancakes was getting syrup on my pants. And that's much better than what usually happens with me and syrup, which is that I get it in my hair. (This happens much more often than it should to an adult woman.)

As I indicated in my Twitter, we bought a wall clock for the living room--finally. I hate wearing a watch at home (I have the same attitude toward shoes), so I was always craning around to see the time on the microwave. Heaven help me if the timer was on for laundry or something. Now I will always know the times! (Caveat: the ticking is incredibly loud. Vegas is running odds as to whether by the end of the week, I will have gotten used to it or thrown it frisbee-style into the road to be crushed repeatedly by buses.)

Also, I was going to tell you more about the red coat I have mentioned in Tha Twitta, but it doesn't make sense to go on and on and on and on about how great I think it is without any pictures, and my cell phone takes terrible pictures. Other avenues of bringing you photographic evidence of the hottness of my coat also failed. Consider this topic pending.

I thought about doing a post about how it's really weird that such a large proportion of our recent presidents have been left-handed, but the topic has been really thoroughly covered. So you got this instead. What's important is: the streak continues!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

I breakfast for dinner. It even has it's own abbreviation on my menu plan, B4D.