Friday, February 6, 2009

DOCTOR FACTS

TRUE FACT: today was the first time in three years that I went to the doctor and it was not raining. I think it was because it's also the first time in three years that I went a doctor I had been to before. Because nothing is more fun than driving around trying to find an unfamiliar place in the rain.

ALSO A FACT: it was just a checkup. The Nurse Practitioner (I like Nurse Practitioners, don't you? They're just as good as doctors but are generally friendly middle-aged ladies) talked me into getting a tetanus booster (although word on the street is that if I step on a nail, they would give me another one of that same shot whether I'd been boosted or not). When the nurse (Original Style Nurse, not NP) came in to give me the shot, she asked if I had an arm preference, since some soreness could be expected. I said it might as well be the left. But then! I got some blood taken, and I gave the new nurse (a man-nurse named "Romeo") my right arm, since my left arm had just gotten boosted. Note: This was a mistake. My right arm hurt all day long, especially when I was trying to write or carry stuff whilst I experienced no soreness whatsoever in the left one. I am told (word on the street again) that the tetanus arm will start hurting tomorrow, so that should be rad.

SPECIAL BONUS FACT: "Hurt Feelings" from Season 2 of Flight of the Conchords is a great song. (Warning: one instance of strong language, but since they manage to rhyme it with "casserole"? Totally worth it.) I've listened to it and also "Leggy Blonde" (which I realized I had been underrating--dig those harmonies, yo [well, the harmonies and the scissors solo]!) like, 30 times. (That's actually my official estimate for the two combined. I bought them on iTunes!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flight of the Conchords is coming here in May, and even though it's a school night and I have an infant I will be there. I might doze off, but I'll be there.

Rachel said...

They're coming here in April, but either tickets sold out the first day, or the theater's online ticket office doesn't work, because I couldn't get us tickets. And I'm sad about it.