Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Whole Buncha Pictures

This morning I decided to clear a backlog of pictures off my cell phone. I often take pictures meaning to put them up here, and then forget, so now I'm just going to blitz you with them.

In August, Neal and I went on a lovely honeymoon to picturesque Estes Park, Colorado. I have no pictures of our cute cabin or the view or any of the places we hiked to (I think Neal does, somewhere). What I do have is this bug I saw in a parking lot in Nebraska on our way to Estes Park:

This is a sign I saw in a rest stop bathroom, which may or may not be from the same trip:

Moving on--as a grad student, I rarely know what's going on on campus. So I can't tell you why this giant Bucky was on library square. I only know that a giant Bucky was on library square. And I made my friend Lindsay stand next to him for reference.

Lindsay also scored us some tickets to a Badger football game in late August. Her sister goes to Akron, so we got Akron student tickets--even though we were way down by one endzone, we were really close to the field, which was pretty cool.

Neal and I carved pumpkins for Halloween. His was a freestyle, jaunty carving:

Mine was old-timey Strong Bad:

The first time I got a perfect score on a Guitar Hero song ("My Name is Jonas" in Guitar Hero 3), I got really excited and took a picture of my stats to commemorate the event.

The warmer weather hung around longer this year than it did last year, it seemed to me. I saw this pretty iris after I would have thought it would be loooong dead.

Also, I saw a duck on a fountain. Campus ducks are pretty chill; he let me get pretty close to him.

And once I saw this amusing beer in the grocery store.

There were a couple other pictures (that are--if you can believe it--more riveting than Bitter Woman IPA) which I will hold back a little longer until they can be parts of posts that I keep telling myself I'm going to write. (Teaser: one is about my birthday adventure way back in May, and one is about election night craziness.)

2 comments:

Craig said...

A praying mantis!

And did you see Zippy at the football game?

Rachel said...

Yes we did see Zippy! The whole Akron pep crew was pretty close to where we were, but not close enough for me to get a decent picture of her. Also, she did SQUAT the whole game. Just stood around.