Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Possibly the Funniest Blog I've Ever, Ever Seen

One night several months ago, I was up way too late and I ran across a blog. And it made me laugh and laugh and laugh. But then I forgot to bookmark it or anything, possibly because I was disoriented from all the sleepiness and insane laughter. Luckily, Nancy independently found it and sent me the link yesterday, and I won't make the same mistake again! In fact, this time I will remember to tell all of you about it (although the lucky among you probably already know).

Cake Wrecks.

It's a website that makes fun of ugly cakes. And man, there are some UGLY cakes out there. Plus, the blogger (her name is Jen) is very good at making fun of them. (She is also a grammar person, so she often busts on punctuation and, as in this entry, spelling. That's always fun.) Jen has a list of links to "fan favorites" on the right side of the page, so I'm not going to go nuts trying to find the really awesome ones to put up here. But I will show you one (with her commentary) that inspired a message I wrote to Nancy, telling her that it was sent from beyond the grave because I had died laughing:


Here we have a nicely rendered cake-that-looks-like-a-corndog, wishing itself (or perhaps another corndog not pictured) a happy birthday.
I just kept repeating "Happy Birthday, Corndog!" to myself and dying of laughter all over again.

OK, and I will also put up this one:

Baffling inscription?
Check.
Atmospheric pollution?
Check.
"Rotisserie Chicken" label?
Check.
Excess punctuation?
Check, check, check, and check check.

Go! Go look at Cake Wrecks!

1 comment:

Chestertonian Rambler said...

Ah, but have you seen "It's Lovely, I'll Take It!"?

http://www.lovelylisting.com/