Sunday, February 15, 2009

Guilty Displeasures

These are things that it seems like I'm supposed to love, because society expects it, but instead I just hate them.

Italian food
But you admit that it's ok that I also hate Olive Garden commercials, right?

Scrabble
This one is galling. It seems like I, specifically, ought to like Scrabble because I'm smart, I like words, and I'm good at games--except that one. I am terrible at Scrabble and I don't know why and so it's like torture to have to play it.

Dogs
See, I know most of you are judging me for this one. They smell, they slobber, they're needy, and they poop in your yard. I just don't get the appeal.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I knew about #1, and can't believe it. I didn't know about #2, and can't believe it. #3 is a valid opinion.

Here are three of mine:
1. Marching bands
2. Diversity-related programs
3. Letting kids win games or move to the front of the line to ask questions at Bush Library events.

Rachel said...

Well, again, I think I just hate Scrabble because I'm SO BAD at it and I don't know why. And who can help what foods they like?

The only one of yours that gave me pause was marching bands. Really? You don't like marching bands?